Iona West Community Carols
On Sunday afternoon/evening on Sunday 4 Dec, Iona West hosted their annual Community Christmas Carols.
There were craft and treasure hunt activities for the children, free sausage sizzle, and then carols from 7pm as the sun set.
About 100-120 people occupied the yard outside the Iona West hall, and sang their hearts out with most of the favourite Christmas carols – with the usual Iona West musical flair added.
Sarah Payne, Cat Armstrong and Jonelle Nielsen led the singing, accompanied by a band playing a variety of instruments. Rev Wayne from Northside provided a message focused on the very true story of a very real baby Jesus, born all those years ago.
Leaders from Iona West responsible for organising the event were happy with the number of people who came. There were a good number of people from Iona West and Northside Mackay, and a decent number of people from the general community.
How good it is that we can do things like this out in the open air. How sad that so many around the world do not have that freedom to express their faith in ways like this.
Article by Rev Wayne, photos by Andrea Nicholson
Articles in this newsletter
- Intergenerational Kids’ Church
- Let the little children come for the kingdom of heaven belongs to them
- Christingle Service
- Rev. Scott’s Christmas Message
- Blue Care 70th Anniversary
- Spotlight on Evangelism
- Thank You Scott
- “Rising Hope” by Nigel Rogers
- Conclusion of Placement for Donna
- Connect 100
- Shared Services – Kevin Griffiths
- Voluntary Assisted Dying
- Congregation Wrap
- Presbytery Finance
- Colouring Competition Nov 2022
- Iona West Community Carols
- Christmas in the West is always busy